Call for papers
Europe has put forward ambitious targets to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, to increase energy efficiency, and to raise the share of renewable energies. Energy Informatics is developing IT-based solutions necessary to achieve these targets.
The objective of the DACH+ conference series on Energy Informatics is to promote the research, development, and implementation of information and communication technologies in the energy domain and to foster the exchange between academia, industry, and service providers in the German-Austrian-Swiss region and its neighboring countries (DACH+).
We seek high-quality, original papers on smart energy systems and energy-efficient computing and communication. Submissions describing theoretical contributions as well as system design, implementation, and experimentation are welcome. The list of topics of interest to the conference includes, but is not limited to:
- ICT for energy networks, micro-grids, and management of distributed generation.
- Energy-efficient mobility, charge management for electric vehicles, energy-aware traffic control, and smart grid integration of mobile storage.
- Smart buildings, digital metering, occupant comfort, and user interaction.
- Protocols and architectures for IT-systems in the energy sector.
- Data analytics for smart energy systems and platforms for data analysis.
- Information systems for behavior change, market mechanisms, and business cases.
- Cross-cutting issues including: cyber security and privacy protection, interoperability, verification of networked smart grid systems, and more.
The call for papers can be downloaded here (PDF).
Templates and Submission Instructions
- Full research papers (max. 10 pages content + 2 pages references).
- Short papers (max. 6 pages content + 2 pages references).
Submissions must be prepared using this Springer template and instructions (direct link to latex template). Authors names must not be indicated since the review process is double-blind. In the space foreseen in the template for authors names, please just indicate “Anonymous Author” or simply leave the fields blank. The conference language will be English and papers should be written in English.
Manuscripts should be submitted as PDF files (with all fonts embedded) to the Energy Informatics 2018 EasyChair submission site.
Springer encourages submissions to be prepared using the Latex template available above. Submissions prepared in Word can also accepted. However, Springer does not provide any standard Word template and submissions prepared in Word might require extra effort during the publication process. We thus also discourage the use of Word for preparing manuscripts. If you need to write your article in Word, you can follow the general instruction of the journal. For additional help, please contact the Publication Chair.
Further information on how to prepare your manuscript is available on the instructions provided by on the website of the Springer Open Journal “Energy Informatics”.
Presentation of accepted papers at the conference
All authors of accepted papers will be invited to present their work at the conference. Papers that will not be presented at the conference will be removed from the proceedings.
Full research papers will be given a presentation time of 15 minutes (+ 5 minutes for questions).
Short papers will be given a presentation time of 9 minutes (+5 minutes for questions).